Fake or acrylic nails enhance the beauty of women’s hand. But to remove them after certain time period is really a hard task. Most of women go to salon or consult a nail expert which is expensive as well as time consuming process. Here we are going to throw light on how to take off fake nails at home. We have also showcased fantastic images with brief description to broaden your imagination.
How To Take Off Fake Nails At Home
Removing Fake Nails with Acetone
The most common and easy way to shed off your artificial nails is by using acetone. Generally, you should protect your natural nails from any harm or side effect. If your skin is allergic to acetone, you must go for other method. Acetone can be easily found in market in small jar or bottle. Before implementation, you should follow the instructions given below.
- Cut your fake nail extensions up to the nail cuticle first. It will make the removal fast and easy.
- Apply petroleum jelly across the nail to avoid any reaction.
- Take a bowl and pour acetone in it.
- Now dip your finger tips in the bowl containing acetone.
- Keep them in acetone for fifteen to twenty minutes.
- Gradually, artificial nails will lose its gluing strength and become weak.
- Carry nail scraper in the other hand and remove your fake nails with it gently.
- Take cotton ball and clean your nails with petroleum jelly.
- File your nails in the desired nail shape.
- This method is easy to apply and free from any side effect restoring your original beautiful nails.
Taking Off Fake Nails with the Help of Aluminum Foil
Another very reliable and simple way to take off artificial nails is with the help of acetone and aluminum or tin foil. It is considered as the best way because it is painless and you can do other household activities alongside it. To get this idea, first of all, you have to clean your nails with the help of nail polish remover. After this, cut your acrylic nails enhancements to get quick result.
- Take small cotton balls and soak them in acetone separately.
- Cover your nail surface with these wet cotton balls.
- Cut the aluminum foil up till the length of finger tips including the entire nail area.
- Apply these pieces of aluminum or tin foil over the cotton wrapped nails in circular pattern.
- Secure its ends with thread or elastic band.
- Retain it for at least fifteen minutes.
- Now remove the enveloping foil and erase the fake nails along with cotton.
- Now clean your real nail surface with any moisturizer and file them.
In the similar pattern, you can take away your feet artificial nails to ensure glowing original nails.
Eradicating Fake Nails with Dental Floss
You can also eradicate your acrylic nail art designs with the help of dental floss. Practically, it requires a helper. You can take help from your sister or friend and you will get better result by doing it at home. A little practice will make you perfect. To acquire this idea, you have to cut the extra lengths of fake nails first. Use petroleum jelly in the surrounding area for protection.
- Take a piece of dental floss and carry it between the thumb and first finger.
- Next insert it in a place between the real nail and the fake nail of the person for whom you are doing this exercise.
- As you entered the dental floss at the adjoining area, slowly move it back and forth in upward direction.
- Continue the process until the fake nail is taken off.
This is the easiest and less time consuming way to remove artificial nails. You can become an expert with little practice.
To sum up the above discussion, we can say that acrylic or fake nails give you a tremendously pretty outlook but you must show concern towards health of nails by carefully removing them. We hope that above mentioned creative ideas about how to take off fake nails will offer you lots of feasible options in this regard.